Monday, July 30, 2012

I'm sitting here in my room at the B&B at Sunset Beach.....and I'm bored....I've learned in the past 24 hours that I don't know how to relax.  It's really a sad thing, but all I can think about is that I'm not really doing anything here that I couldn' do at home, and I'm irritated that I spent the money on this room!  I'm also thinking that if I had  stayed at home, I maybe could have finished my paiting in Lainey's room....but as it stands, I only got the one wall done, which is a little disappointing.  I realize that we have months until we need the room, but when I get going on a project I just want to get it done!!
I got here last night around 4 and pretty much as soon as I got here it started storming really bad so I hung out for a while for it to pass.  After that I did manage to get out and walk down to the beach, which was nice, it was only about 75 degrees and had a great breeze with some huge waves rolling in.  Really was great.  This morning I woke up to cloudy skies and while I was downstairs having breakfast with the old folks it started pouring.  Figured I would take advantage of the cruddy weather and head to the outlet mall in Myrtle.  Holy rain and storming, Batman....it was crazy!!  I did get a little shopping done before I drove back through the rain.  One nice part of the day is that I sat out on the porch and read a great book for a few hours, there was a deer and some other birds and things out on the waterway outside my porch.  It was really peaceful and quiet. 
We've gotten lots of pictures of the boys while they have been out in Texas with their grandparents.  They look like they are having an amazing time, and I'm not sure they will ever want to come home!  They've been to the natural history museum, the children's museum, in the pool every day, and climbing rock walls!  I can't lie, it does break my heart a little that they don't seem to be missing us at all.  They will probably be bored when they get home!  I am so happy that they are getting to spend this time with them, since they live so far away they don't get to see them so much.
The sun is finally starting to come out, so I may have to wander down to the beach for a walk in a bit.  I think I'm going to go look for some crab legs tonight, pretty sure that will make the whole trip worthwhile!  I'm heading home tomorrow, and I'm sure it will be good to sleep in my own bed, since last night in a strange place did not make for good sleeping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment