Monday, July 9, 2012

Holy cow!!!

I knew it had been a while since I had posted anything here, but didn't realize that it was the middle of May!!  All I can say is, Biostats kind of took over my life for about 8 weeks and I barely had time to sleep, let alone blog!  So, in two months, what has happened....it's such a blur I can hardly remember!
To start, I'm still pregnant...which is probably not news to anyone.  We did find out that the parents are going to have one boy and one girl, which is pretty exciting.  It's kind of ironic to me since the first time I carried two girls, then two boys...so it seems right to have one of each for this last time.  We were all lucky enough to have them here for that ultrasound, and I think that overwhelming is an understatement when they got to see their babies for the first time and hear that they were perfect and healthy.  The look on their faces just tells it all for me and why I love to do this.  I have said it before and I will always believe that I am just as blessed in this journey as the parents are.  It is still incredible to see their faces, and I can't wait for a few more months to go by when I can see them lay eyes on their new children for the first time!!  I also can't wait for a few more months when the weather cools off a little.  100 degrees most days is a little rough even when you aren't pregnant, but when you are it is close to torture!!!
Moving on to the other big journey in our lives...the adoption.  I wish I could say we have made huge progress in this venture.  But, as most people know, this process is painfully slow.  I think (don't know for sure because our social worker is not the best at communication) that our home study should be done this month, which is pretty huge.  This is really the first big step.  Once it's done then we can apply for grants and things, and it gets sent off to be approved by our goverment and then after that's done (which could take 1-4 months) everything can be sent off to Russia.  So, once that is done, I think we will feel a little more like it's real.  Good news is that we have actually been able to raise about half of the money we need, which is really a miracle it seems like.  Once we got there, it really felt like we might actually be able to do this.  Pretty incredible really.  We still have a chunk to raise, but I know that it will work out and come from somewhere!!
We have plans for her room already, the challenge now is finding the time for all of the projects that need to be done to complete that!  I made a huge decision in figuring out what color/design I wanted.  If you have ever been around when I tryto pick a paint color, you know how huge this was for me!  I have started sanding furniture so that we can paint it, but it's also a slow process.  I'm really trying to do everything I can to make her room amazing without spending too much money, and I'm pretty excited with the ideas so far!
So...I wish I had something deep or insightful to write about this time, but I have to be honest...I'm so fried right now with school that my brain can hardly even form sentences at this point!  I should be done with school for the summer in about 3 weeks and will be taking my "me, myelf, and I" vacation at the end of the month, so maybe I will be inspired then!

No comments:

Post a Comment