Friday, June 14, 2013

Short but oh so sweet

Aside from the One that gave me all of my undeserved blessings, there is nothing I am more thankful for than my family.  I have written before about my incredible husband, and how I seriously would not be sane and making it without him!  I have talked about the boys so much and how seeing them can either make me want to duct tape them to the wall or hold on to them so hard I never want to let them go.  And, you have heard me talk about loving a little girl (or, God willing, two) that I've never laid eyes on, but knew was waiting for us in a far away land.....

Not.  Any.  More.

We have laid eyes on her (well, pictures of her anyway).  WE HAVE FOUND OUR LAINEY!!!!!!!!!  sorry, I guess I shouldn't yell, but I really want to climb to my roof and shout it so everyone can hear!  If you know me, you know that will NEVER happen because I'm terrified of heights, but you get what I mean!  As of today, we have officially submitted our paperwork to let China know that this is the little girl that we want to be part of our family, that we want to love, that we want to see bright-eyed and smiling.  We cannot share any pictures yet, China says so and we certainly don't want to upset them!  But, trust me when I say that she is beautiful, dark, deep eyes that right now seem so sad that I just can't wait to see squint with laughter at one of her brother's jokes or see scrunch up with a big smile when she wakes in the morning.  I can hardly express how this feels.....so.....surreal.....after what feels like an eternity, we have found her.....

So, as for the practical stuff, she just turned 2 in February, and we will hopefully (assuming China gets some computer problems figured out), be able to have her home for Christmas.  Wow, home for Christmas!!!  Best.  Christmas present.  Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment