Wednesday, July 3, 2013

35 years....wow....

Well, it's my last night as a person under 35....I seriously don't know how I got this old!!  I've never been a person to really make a big deal about birthdays, and I figure I feel old every morning, so I'm not sure tomorrow will be any different!  I've also never really had a list of things to do before I was 35, or anything like that, so I can't really go through and "check-off" things that I wanted to do.  I'm pretty certain that any list I may have made years ago would not have had all of the things on it I have done in these past 35 years!!  I can't even say that I never thought I would have this life....because I don't think I would have dreamed up my life in my wildest dreams!  I think at this point God looks down on me and says....hmmm...now, lets try this!!!

To say that my life is fairly unique I think is probably an understatement, but truly I feel like even though most people look at the things I have done and would say they were wonderful things to do for others, I can honestly say they have blessed me more than I could have ever imagined.  I would have never imagined that I would be a southern girl going to a baptist church, and listening to Christian music on the radio.  I never thought that "falling" into a nursing career would lead me to such an amazing gift of being able to pursue my passion while being paid.  I would have never guessed that the guy that was a total goof ball and totally turned me off would be the most perfect mate I could have imagined.  I mean, seriously...a girl with a 4th of July birthday married to the pyromaniac that loves fireworks??  who else could have orchestrated that but God himself??  I always thought that I would have children, but no way could I have known the joy that they would bring to my life...until you have them, you can never know.  And, when I thought I would have children, pretty sure it never crossed my mind that I would carry children for others.  Who could have guessed that being blessed with easy (well...mostly) pregnancies would allow me to bless and be blessed by 3 families and 6 children??  Pretty sure no one saw that one coming!!  I would not have said never to the idea of adoption years ago, but I think I always saw it as something you would do if you couldn't have children...hahaha, how wrong was I??  And here I sit looking at a picture of the most beautiful little girl living halfway around the world who has no idea that I pray for her everyday and can't wait to have her in my arms...who else but my God??

I think the biggest thing I have learned in these 35 years is that sure, I can make some plans...but then I can also laugh and say, okay...whatever You say!!  I am a control freak at heart, and I try to keep it together, but I am slowly learning to let go just a little and enjoy the ride.  Obviously His plans are far greater than anything I could ever imagine for my life, He has shown me that time and time again!  I am okay with being older, with being a little wiser, and a little closer to who I'm supposed to be.  I am so excited to see what the next 35 years has to bring.  I can't even name all of the blessings that I have been given, and it really does overwhelm me sometimes to think about.  I am so thankful for the blessings that may have been painful at the time, but have proven to be some of the greatest things in my life.  I'm sure that as I sit here and think about what those next 35 years will bring, He is up there just laughing and saying...you ain't seen nothing yet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment